Nexilis is a Delaware based LLC Insurtech company, with an accomplished team of Insurance and IT experts. Nexilis has designed and architected a seamless business solution that incorporates emerging technology tools and environments while adhering to basic insurance principals and requirements.
The company’s two founders have over 60 years combined experience in the P&C insurance industry, providing IT innovative solutions and services while managing national and global organizations.
Our Executive Team
Chief Executive Officer
An experienced Insurance Technology visionary and disruptor.For over 30 years, he has been leading organizations while leveraging technology to improve insurance company growth, profitability, and distribution capabilities. As the COO and CIO at Western World Insurance Group, Thad was the creator of the Western World Integrated Platform (WWIP), which revolutionized the binding authority distribution model, disrupting the existing process and creating a new standard in the marketplace. WWIP was one of the principal factors that lead to the company’s acquisition by Validus Re. Thad has also held executive technology positions with Everest National and Reliance National insurance companies.
President and COO
A serial entrepreneur and seasoned IT Executive with a global perspective.In the past 25 years, he has been a founder, investor, board member, and leader of international organizations. Emanuell was co-creator and partner in one of the initial wireless speech recognition software product and integration companies, Wirenix, which was acquired by a European Telecom giant. He has also lead startup Edgesys RFID a builder of RFID POS and logistics application systems, startup incubator emaxers Inc, and Edgesys, a consulting services organization servicing the P&C insurance industry in the US.
A Specialist in alignment of technology with the business and execution to those goals Socorro has over 25 years of experience in the insurance industry – 19 of those years with AIG where she served both on the domestic and international side of the business in various management information roles. She was also Vice President CIO of GAN North America and SVP Director of IT at Gerling Global Reinsurance Company of America. As well as SVP Program Business Operations at Liberty International Underwriters, SVP Program Business Operations at SCOR and Global Head of Program Management at Transverse Insurance Group.
SVP - Operations
A product and customer centric executive focused on delivering results Venkatesh has 25 years of experience across product, business development, and strategy. He has led global teams in product management, technology and strategic growth initiatives across several industries. Before joining Nexilis, Venkatesh was the Leader of the Dun&Bradstreet Data Exchange, an alternative data marketplace focused in financial services. He led all functions including partnerships and business development, with a laser focus on bridging technology, data and analytics to solve market needs. Venkatesh also has managed several multi-million-dollar SaaS and API product suites including successful global launches. Prior to Dun&Bradstreet, he has had several progressively expanding roles, across marketing, strategy and finance - at Hertz, Ernst&Young, ASCAP and KPMG
Our Advisory Board
- Nearly 40 years of global (re)insurance executive leadership including corporate development and strategy.
- Founder, Managing Director of SFRi, a boutique insurance investment and advisory firm.
- Validus, Investor at formation, Director of Strategy.
- Swiss Re, Head of Swiss Re Capital Partners and Member of the Executive Board
- Smith Barney, Managing Director and Co-head of Insurance Group.
- Experienced senior executive with strong leadership and organization management skills.
- For over 40 years, held several senior executive positions at Western World Insurance Group.
- As Chairman and CEO of Western World, reported exceptional financial results while increasing shareholder equity annually.
- Led the successful acquisition by Validus Re and subsequent organization integration.
- Served on the board on PCIAA, WSIA (formerly NAPSLO) Educational Foundation, and instructor at the NAPSLO advanced school.
Barry H. Smith
- Proven leader in the insurance industry with over 40 years of insurance operations and IT experience.
- As Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and CIO at Everest Re Group, a leading global company with annual premiums in excess of $9 billion, had worldwide responsibilities for Information Technology, Human Resources, Corporate Operations and Corporate Services.
- Vice President, IT for Prudential Reinsurance Company and Prudential Property and Casualty Company’s homeowners and automobile division.
- Served on the boards of Everest National Insurance Company, Heartland Crop Insurance, and EvCan Insurance Company of Toronto, Canada.
Krishna is the CEO of TLC and is renowned to being creator and inspiration on many fronts—but is first and foremost, is an innovator with a knack for seeing how things can be better. Starting in Computer Engineering at Penn State, with a minor in Computer Science, Krishna then earned an MBA at Rutgers University in strategy and finance, and later served as White House Presidential Innovation Entrepreneur in residence, VP of Innovation at Citi, CTO of WISP Inc., and is the inventor of the AOL/NetZero Accelerator (sped-up dialup and wireless modems). More recently, Krishna turned his attention to the world of realty. There, he saw an opportunity to use technology to create a better home buying experience for homebuyers and real estate agents.
Mr. Hursh has founded and been the principal of 3 small companies in his career including a grocery store, a small publishing company, a successful consulting practice, and is a Co-founder of Slice Labs, Inc. and served that organization as VP of Sales and Marketing. He is currently engaged as the principal and founder of Clayton Hursh Group, LLC., specializing in working with small to medium size technology and insurance companies in digital strategies and the shaping of companies for the near and long terms.
He has acted in a senior management capacity, globally, as Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing, VP of Marketing, Sales Manager, and VP of Sales and Marketing with both small and large companies in the technology, insurance, and publishing arena including in a senior management role for CBS Corporation, Pearson Publishing PLC, Travelers Insurance Company, Mercator Software (now an IBM technology), and Slice Labs, Inc., among others. Mr. Hursh has a B.S. degree in Germanic Studies from the University of Nebraska with a concentration in European Diplomatic History and has studied in the M.B.A. program at Fairleigh Dickinson University.